Recently, a friend of mine asked me why she couldn’t lose weight — even though she was eating VERY healthy foods.
Look, the reality is that EVEN if you eat healthy, you still CANNOT over-consume calories. The problem is that even healthy foods can make you fat –if you overindulge.
** Don't forget, today's the last day for Ryan's "Pre-Party Pump Workout" and his "24-Hour Diet." **
Many of the things discussed in this article are discussed in his diet program. So don't wait jump on it while it's still under 10 bucks!
Believe it or not some foods that are considered "super healthy" — are in reality — ultra dense in calories. These are typically called "Calorically Dense Foods." Beware of including too many of these foods in your nutrition program.
As promised here are a few "healthy" examples of calorically dense foods:
1. Whole Grain Bagels - typically a single bagel has over 400 cal. Add some cream cheese or some butter and you’re in deep trouble.
2. Fruit Juices and Smoothies – while many people believe that fruit juices are natural sugar — that doesn’t mean that it’s still NOT sugar. Even the smoothies that you get in the “health store” still contain a great deal of sugar.
3. Dried fruit – you might think that this is a healthier way of eating fruit. However, nothing is further from the truth. With the water removed, all that’s left is high sugar and that makes for a very high calorically dense food.
4. Pasta - just a small amount of pasta such as 1 and ½ cup is almost 350 calories. and approximately 60 g of carbohydrates. Try whole-wheat pasta it’s a much better and lower calorie selection.
5. Avocados - you see them in the Subway commercials being promoted as a “super food” unfortunately, one single avocado contains 30 g of fat and is just over 300 cal. Many individuals consider these foods healthy and they are. I would encourage you to include them in your diet.
However, just a few are more than enough. Eat these foods in moderation and be very aware of the calorie counts.
Before you go, remember the Bully Xtreme 4 Scratch and Dent Promotion is almost over. We're down to only a few– go ahead and click on the link below and get all the details: